12 Very modern classic styles

12 Very modern classic styles

12-ways-to-do-very-modern-classic-kitty-and-b-image

Very modern classics

There is nothing I love more than modern classics or classic style, but with a modern twist. And, Very has really hit the nail on the head with its new ranges. I started with what I thought would be a quick browse of the range modelled by Daisy Lowe and I found a few bits that I was pretty chuffed to say, Vogue also gave their seal of approval to. Seriously, it’s so hard to narrow it down to one statement piece for Autumn/Winter, when they keep playing the hits!

I’ve been becoming slowly more obsessed with Very since I bought now the sold-out Chloe-inspired bag from there a few months ago, that I’ve been wearing so much ever since then.

12-ways-to-do-very-modern-classic-kitty-and-b-image

It’s made an appearance in our YouTube lookbook, as well as the post on my latest bargain find and current wardrobe go-to for all occasions, the pinafore jumpsuit. Another trend that is hot right now. And, to think I stumbled on it browsing the sales rails in the kids’ section!

So, yes, I love the Very Edit pages and how they’ve have incorporated trends seen over London and Paris fashion weeks, but made them accessible and wearable for mere mortals like me! Both fashion weeks and all the style pages are raving about embellishments, metallics and embroidery for Autumn/Winter. It’s all about the details right now and the details are all here – from lace, to embroidery, to sequins and sparkles. Whatever your style, there’s a bit of something for everyone.

Classics with a modern twist

12 Very Modern Classic Picks

Take a scroll through my 12 picks and we’re covering a metallic and a lace detail twist on the midi skirt. There’s a gorgeous embellished the denim shirt and a high neck tee. Yes, even the classic tee has had an AW16 make over, with sequins and my favourite print, which is leopard print.  Yes, I am sold!

The cable knit jumper has been given the cold shoulder, the maxi has been maxed out with details, the sweater dress has ruffles, even the Chelsea boot has had a shiny, patent revamp. The kilt has been given a faux leather makeover and the white blouse has been given all sorts of delicious details to give it that modern Victoriana style that is so wearable with both jeans and a leather pencil skirt.

Talking of the pencil skirt, I just love the subtle extra details on the patchwork skirt. And, finally the humble black mini has been given some leather fringe benefits and beautiful Aztec embroidery detailing.

The patchwork pencil skirt would be perfect with a great shirt and a lace cami for a bit of effortless looking day to night chic. And, the details on the A line maxi dress give it that coverage, but with a totally modern twist for all those Autumn/Winter events.

Although I don’t tend towards minis, I had to include the modern take on the kilt style, which I think would look great on a more boyish, long figure. Neither of which I have, but I can totally see how it would work!  Whilst the fringed skirt I would definitely wear with thick tights and heeled ankle boots in black to do that trick of  elongating my legs, but staying warm and covered for nights out in the colder months. Even though, alas, nights out are few and far between!

And the winner is...

Choosing one piece as my favourite is hard, as I do really love the lace midi skirt and the ornate blouse – not least because I love the collection name ‘Victorian Drama’! But, if I was really forced to choose just one piece, for me, I think the embellished denim shirt wins for its stylish versatility. There is nothing not to love about it for me – the colour, the details, I just love it!  It comes in UK sizes 8-24 and I can totally  see people of all ages and styles rocking it so many different ways. Double denim (yes, that’s right, some people seem to have the knack of doing it really well!), white trousers, leather/faux leather anything, with a midi…

In no particular order of favouritism (well, maybe just a little):

So what do you think? Any favourites?

Kat x

Follow Kitty & B: Twitter | FacebookInstagram | YouTube | Snapchat (KittyandB)| Bloglovin’ Pinterest

12-ways-to-do-very-modern-classic-kitty-and-b-image

Related Stories

40 Comments

• […] always, I love the classic with a twist style and adding an unexpected colour, style or accessory really brings pastels right into […]
  • evgens
    2 years ago
    nicen unden postenerun
  • 2 years ago
    Hello Kat, you are an incredible blogger. Your blog is amazing. All the pictures shared by you are so classy. I would love to try these. Thanks for sharing this wonderful blog.
  • 2 years ago
    Ooh I love the lace detailing skirt and top x
  • 2 years ago
    I literally love all of these picks especially all the pretty and stylish skirts Laura x
      Thanks Laura, I agree, the skirts are really beautiful! x
  • 2 years ago
    Fab picks! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday! OXOX Dawn Lucy http://fashionshouldbefun.com
    • 2 years ago
      Love the link up! Found so much fashion inspiration through it! Can't wait for the next one! 😘
  • 2 years ago
    There are some gorgeous items here - I love the victoriana blouse #eatsleepblogrt Petite Pudding recently posted...Danish Style with Jannet Samanta DobsonMy Profile
    • 2 years ago
      Isn't it lovely? I'm still trying to decide which one thing I am allowed! 😂🙈 #EatSleepBlogRT
  • 2 years ago
    The lace detail skirt is just beautiful, I didnt think it would be something I would usually look at twice, but I did x
    • 2 years ago
      I know what you mean! I think with a plain cami, it would look so flattering! Plus, it's not too clingy. Love it! x
  • 2 years ago
    Really love some of these pieces. I'm always looking for classic pieces for my work wardrobe. #EatSleepBlogRT
    • 2 years ago
      I love the pencil skirt and the blouse as something I would definitely wear to work. Especially if I was going somewhere afterwards! I say 'IF' with a real sense of hope! 😂 #EatSleepBlogRT
  • This is gorgeous, have you redone your site? Anyway, love your picks, particularly the heavy lace, which is so luxurious, linking up from #BrilliantBlogPosts Yvadney x (come link up on #MumsThatSlay - this post would be fab!)
    • 2 years ago
      Isn't it gorgeous! Think I could wear it on Sunday?! 😂 I've been busy doing tweaks to the site. Just trying some new things. Glad you noticed! 😘 Will be linking up to #mumsthatslay for sure! 😉xx
  • 2 years ago
    what stunning choices... i love the long skirt... fab for this season
      Thanks Jolene! I think it's so beautiful! 😍
  • I love the denim shirt & leather skirt, I have both, not the exact ones but very similar. I also have a pair of leather trousers but have never though to style them with denim. I know my outfit for Saturday night! Toni | Gym Bunny Mummy recently posted...UP YOUR PINTEREST GAME & SET UP RICH PINS THE EASY WAYMy Profile
    • 2 years ago
      Tee hee! I (obviously) like your style! 😉. I'd love to see you do a fashion haul on your YouTube channel, I always love some inspiration xx
  • There are some beautiful picks here, I particularly love the long black skirt, it's stunning. The victoriana blouse is also lovely! Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk
    • 2 years ago
      Beautiful details on both! Just goes to show that you don't have to go designer for stunning pieces, eh? 😉x
  • 2 years ago
    Some really lovely choices here. I don't really follow fashion at all to be honest, I just go for comfort! :)
  • 2 years ago
    I am not a follower of fashion but I do like the first black skirt. Not sure I have the figure for the short one! 😀
    • 2 years ago
      Haha! I know what you mean! I love it, but I think it's better for all concerned if I stick to the pencil skirt! 😉x
  • 2 years ago
    Fabulous edit. I love the pencil skirt and the knitted dress - I always love classics with a modern twist. So stylish.
    • 2 years ago
      I have a faux leather skirt, that I love, but I just love the subtle extra detail on this one! x
  • clairejustine
    2 years ago
    What a beautiful selection. I remember wearing something like the classic looks over he years. They are all so timeless pieces aren't they? :)
    • 2 years ago
      Exactly! I just love how they get a little tweak but you know you could still wear them for years! x
  • yvonne
    2 years ago
    Some lovely choices here, I love the long lace skirt - beautiful! This makes me want to go on a shopping trip!
    • 2 years ago
      So beautiful. Not at all good for my back balance. I'm wondering if Christmas is close enough for a wish list?! 🙈x
  • 2 years ago
    Such a great collection of items! I'm terribly non-fashionable and practically live in the same pair of jeans day after day... I need to up my game! Elizabeth recently posted...A Walk to Burra Ness BrochMy Profile
    • 2 years ago
      Hey, nothing wrong with that! I definitely have my fail safes that I feel comfy in and that are just easy to throw on. I call it my mummyform! 😂x
  • 2 years ago
    I love all of your picks. I think the boots are my favourite. They are all classics though which could be wardrobe staples for life x
    • 2 years ago
      Thanks lovely. I do love a bit of online window shopping. You're right, they are definitely ones you could keep bringing out year after year! X
    Love the denim shirt! #EatSleepBlogRT
      Gorgeous, isn't it. Just love the little details! 😍 #EatSleepBlogRT
  • 2 years ago
    I like the black lace type dress and the denim shirt too! Also like the boots!
      Me, too! I wish I could get all 3! 😂🙈x